EVALUATION PROCEDURES AND FEES
At your evaluation, you will learn why your saddle fits or why it doesn't and what if anything can be done about it. Your saddle fit might be able to be improved with one of our customized Thin Line Saddle Pads or possibly you already have the right combination of saddle, pad and girth you just weren't sure which one was the best to use.
If you are considering purchasing a new or used saddle, we can evaluate the fit of that saddle while you have it on trial.
Or we can demonstrate how well the Specialized/TW Saddles patented 3-D fit system works for your horse.
Due to the arthritis in my hands I do not reflock english saddles anymore.
So that we can give your horse the best possible service, we ask that you please;
- check your emails after you submit your registration form, scheduling is done via email first come first serve
- allow 2-3 hours for your saddle fit evaluation/consultation or fitting
- don't schedule a lesson or any other appointments for your horse on the same day, he will likely be ridden several times during the evaluation
- have your horse groomed & ready to measure & ride but let him wait in his stall until we are ready
- be prepared to have the primary rider ride the horse in the primary saddle but please no riding before the evaluation (lunging a fresh horse is OK)
- to get the most accurate measurements, practice having your horse stand still and square
- bring your trainer, spouse, friend, family member or all the above, the more the merrier
After we have measured you, your horse & your saddle (or saddles you have on trial) we will have you ride without a saddle pad, if possible. Riding without the pad helps us to see exactly what your saddle is doing while you are riding. Then, we will review your options:
1. Your saddle fit is already very good & nothing needs to be done for 6-12 months. I will explain why.
2. Your saddle fit can be improved with a Thin Line Shimmable saddle pad.
3. Your saddle does not fit & nothing can be done. I will explain why.
4. You can try one of our adjustable saddles.
5. You can take the information & go shopping for another saddle from another source.
6. You can keep your saddle and buy a new horse to fit it.
The evaluation fee at your barn within 100 miles
of Copperhead Lane in Crossville is $149 per horse.
To schedule your saddle fit evaluation or to demo a Specialized/TW Saddle go to
Thank you for considering your horse's health and comfort.