Basic Saddle Fit Class
For all riders in all disciplines, trainers, instructors, body workers and actually anyone that puts a saddle on a horse - come join us for some basic saddle fitting principles and help me spread the word about how saddle fit affects our horse's behavior performance and ultimately the health of horse & rider.
The first half of the class is a presentation - Equine Anatomy relative to saddle fit. In order to gain a better understanding of how a saddle needs to fit, first we need to understand why. The morning session also includes a discussion on the problems saddle fit can cause and the basic points to check static fit. The afternoon session is spent in the barn with our horses and the saddles participants bring, evaluating saddle fit.
- Do you have a odd shaped horse that is difficult to fit?
- Are you tired of buying and selling saddles?
- Are you confused about what to buy?
- Are you sure that your saddle is not causing soundness issues, need for chiropractic or poor performance?
- Do you want to be sure that your saddle does not do long term permanent damage to your horse?
My goal for the class is that you:
- Gain a better understanding of equine anatomy relative to saddle fit
- Gain hands on experience evaluating saddle fit
- Find out when a saddle pad can help and when it hurts
- Understand what sweat patterns mean and don't mean
- Learn to recognize the signs of a poor saddle fit & the damage they cause
- Discover how the saddle affects the rider's position
Please bring a few saddles. (no horses) This is strictly an educational and interactive class to help riders recognize good and bad saddle fit. This class is not a sales presentation. Class fee $125
For classes at our farm in Crossville these HOTELS are close by
Holiday Inn Express 560 Peavine Rd Crossville TN 38571 844-212-9180
Hampton Inn 64 Hospitality Dr. Crossville TN 38555 866-238-4218
"I just wanted to tell you that Saturday's clinic was really helpful. I am so glad I came! I am going to ask around here and see if they are interested. I will let you know. And, thanks for working on my saddle. I am going to try it out this afternoon It is a wonderful fall day, sunny and beautiful. Another thing. You said that the clinic was not going to be sales pitch. You held to your word; it was simply educational, I think that speaks well of your interest to help people and not just make money off people. But, if I did not have my saddle already, I would have asked to learn about "the adjustable saddles" that you mentioned a couple of times. And... thanks for lunch, It hit the spot!"
Vicky Boulton Canton,GA
"Thank you so much for hosting the class yesterday. I learned so much am very excited to pretty much throw a saddle on everything just to look at it."
Tess McHone Knoxville, TN