Basic Saddle Fit Class for Riders in All Disciplines
For all riders, trainers, instructors or body workers that want to understand better how the saddle needs to fit to prevent pain and suffering.
The first half of the class is a presentation - Equine Anatomy relative to saddle fit. In order to gain a better understanding of how a saddle needs to fit, first we need to understand why. The morning session also includes a discussion on the problems saddle fit can cause and the basic points to check static fit. The afternoon session is spent in the barn with our horses and the saddles participants bring, evaluating saddle fit.
- Do you have a odd shaped horse that is difficult to fit?
- Are you tired of buying and selling saddles?
- Are you confused about what to buy?
- Are you sure that your saddle is not causing soundness issues, need for chiropractic or poor performance?
- Do you want to be sure that your saddle does not do long term permanent damage to your horse?
My goal for the class is that you:
- Gain a better understanding of equine anatomy relative to saddle fit
- Gain hands on experience evaluating saddle fit
- Find out when a saddle pad can help and when it hurts
- Understand what sweat patterns mean and don't mean
- Learn to recognize the signs of a poor saddle fit & the damage they cause
- Discover how the saddle affects the rider's position
Come join us and help me spread the word about how saddle fit affects our horse's behavior performance and ultimately the health of horse & rider.
Please bring a few saddles. (no horses) This is strictly an educational and interactive class to help riders recognize good and bad saddle fit. This class is not a sales presentation. Class fee $125
For classes at our farm in Crossville these HOTELS are close by
Comfort Suites 2581 E. First St. Crossville TN 38555 855-267-8027
Holiday Inn Express 560 Peavine Rd Crossville TN 38571 844-212-9180
Hampton Inn 64 Hospitality Dr. Crossville TN 38555 866-238-4218